Thursday, October 20, 2011

long time coming

image here
Growing up in a softball loving/playing family I pretty much idolized the movie "A League of Their Own".  Everything from their uniforms to their overall awesomeness was just too much for me to handle.  And let's face it - things haven't changed much for me when it comes to my love of that movie.  When I was a kid my sister and I would watch this movie at least once a week, and no, I'm not exaggerating.  The entire script runs through my head even today when I watch it.  Now that I'm all grown up I have even more appreciation for the "real" women of the AAGPBL.  With all this being said, I have wanted since the very first time I saw the movie to be a Rockford Peach - who didn't?   Well, this Halloween, I'm going to get my chance.  I'm seriously such a dork about the whole situation that ever since I got my uniform in the mail I've had it hanging on my closet door just so I can admire it!  And this year we are hosting our own party & attending one the next day, so yes, I'm going to be on cloud nine for a full 48 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...