Saturday, October 22, 2011

perfect saturday afternoon

It's been a while since I've had a day all to myself.  So, after some school work, house work, a trip to target, and an amazing discovery on pinterest, I rounded out the afternoon with some fall baking.  The husband has been asking for some pumpkin treats, so when I came upon a recipe too easy to resist - I just had to try it, and I will make a man very happy when he gets home from work.
All you need is a 15 oz. can of pumpkin & yellow cake mix (apparently spice cake mix can also be used for a little extra kick - it will be my next venture).  I did also add a little pumpkin pie spice to mine, but you don't need anything else, which makes these awesome!  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and you are done.  I tried mine, pretty yummy.  Can't wait till they are all the way cool because pumpkin baked goods always taste even better completely chilled.

oh - and did you spy my newest pyrex find?  Yes, that is a 3qt. Designs bowl I picked up while thrifting after work this week.  I am SO in love with it, now I have the pair, and they rock.

So, a big thank you sweet verbena for this recipe - and to pinterest for allowing us to share all these wonderful little things.

3 comments:

  1. I make something similar with spice cake mix, apple sauce, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Top them off with cream cheese frosting - amazing! I call them pumpkin pillows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Ugh I'm so obsessed with Pinterest. And your Pyrex! I love that one, wish I had it. :)

    Following you on Pinterest now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. J - I've heard of a recipe similar to yours, sounds yummy! I just might have to try baking with more than 2 ingredients - but the husband was super obsessed with the ones I made so my motivation for trying something harder might be fading :)

    Cara-Mia - I was such a late blooming with the whole pinterest thing, but I am SO in love with it. I was the worst bookmarking around, so I would see amazing things and lose them forever! Not anymore! Thanks for following I'll have to return the favor, the more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...