Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Favorite


The last couple of weeks have been crazy. Teaching a 2/3 combo is something I never envisioned for myself. I have been challenged everyday by my kiddos. I'm always trying to figure out what they already know, what they are capable of, and where we need to go. After several days of tears after work (I have the makeup stains on my pillow as proof) I am starting to feel a little bit better about the situation.

So, the one thing that I have learned in the past 2 weeks, my kids loved "The Giving Tree". We listened to the story before Back to School Night and made our own giving tree for our room. When families came to BTSN, all 6 of them, they were able to take a leaf off the tree. Each leaf was made by a student by outlining their hand and cutting it out, which was CHALLENGING! Each leaf had a classroom supply they could donate. This is something I will do for years to come...even in my beloved 6th grade!

If you haven't read this story, or heard it in a while, I recommend this book for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...