Monday, September 24, 2012

fall is here

and it still is feeling quite like a mild version of summer
but we are getting there, and I can tell in the mornings that my favorite season is almost here
like, really here
this fall I have so many amazing reasons to be ecstatic 
number one of course is it means we are even closer to welcoming Everly
and besides that, just the awesomeness that the season brings
scarves
being cool enough to hold my husband's hand again while walking
you get the jest
[image from last fall]
fall also means I will be leaving my classroom in just five weeks
that's right, five weeks people and I am pretty much done for the year
right now, the plan is to go back mid-april
I am conflicted about the emotions I have for leaving 
part of me is SO ready to be gone and focus on my little lady
and the other part [I must admit, the smaller part] 
is feeling some guilt about being gone for so long
I know that home is where I need to be, and want to be
but for so long I have put my classes first, really, first above anything else
so it is a new feeling for me
hopefully we can find a rock star replacement for the months I'll be gone

2 comments:

  1. Awww, you are a great teacher! There has been nothing more thrilling for my daughter (5th grade) than when one of the teachers in their school has a baby and comes back to visit - it will go so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Martha - yes, I do plan on going back and visiting as soon as she gets a little bigger, and I know that time is going to fly by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...