Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Read Alouds


So since becoming a teacher I have had a hard time finding the perfect read aloud books for my classroom.  When I taught Kindergarten this was not an issue.  Now in 6th grade, this proved to be challenging.  I had taken suggestions from other teachers, but they never quite worked for me.  This summer, I treated my summer school class to some of my favorite books as a kid, and I do believe they were a success!  So the winner for my read aloud book for the intermediate grades is "Scared Stiff" by Willo Davis Roberts.  My runner up is "From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Franklin Basil E. Frankweiler" by E.L. Koningsburg.  I have never had students actually groan when I ran out of time for my read aloud, but with "Scared Stiff" this happened on a daily basis.  So give them a try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...