Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dr. King


Last year I saw a teacher do a similar project to this for Dr. King's birthday. Unfortunately, it was too hard for my kids last year, so I filed it away until I could use it. I googled Dr. King, traced his image on my promethean board, ran a copy of the outline, and then cut the paper in half. I have tried to do "positive/negative" art before, but never could figure it out. This year the stars were aligned and here is our finished product. One of the better art projects I have done with kids. In fact, they are still up in my room, and it is almost April!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you gave them parchment looking paper, did you make that yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is actually just cheap construction paper that we aged with chalk and tore the edges. Some kids took them home to burn the edges under adult supervision, that wasn't me ;)

      Delete
  2. What is the article next to the artwork? Did they do research or write something?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...