Saturday, June 18, 2011

so I finally turned in my keys


well, it just seems like yesterday that I first walked in this room
I was SO overwhelmed by the amount of "going through" that needed to be done
this room belonged to a teacher for over 20 years
he was a beloved institution at this school, and now I was supposed to fill in after his untimely passing
I remember talking on the phone with a fellow teacher, crying, not knowing where to start

one year later it is time for me to say goodbye to this room
a room I came to love, a room I thought I could stay in for another year
the room became mine, but I also came to love all the things I saved from the teacher before me
there was an awesome balance of new and old

it took me a week to do my final pack-up, I was not looking forward to it
but now it is done, and now it is time to look forward
yes, turning in my keys was emotional, and a tad embarrassing

but, like I told my kids
"every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad for you :'( The new teacher has no idea what he is walking in to... but we will try to hide our pain because it's not really his fault... I really don't want to like him though... WE want YOU there and that's that. Please stay in touch and thank you for sharing your life with some of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Trina - it will all be ok, but it isn't my favorite part of this job for sure. I have the same feelings about him as well. I want to communicate with him, but I don't know if I can. Might be too hard, but I know that the kids would benefit from it. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...