Monday, November 21, 2011

sunday's "so they said" on monday...again!

today was my first official day of thanksgiving break
and I've been enjoying my time off already
yesterday morning the husband and I went for a little walk...
to the doughnut shop!
not a bad start to the day
we also visited our favorite antique mall
where I found some pyrex treasures I'll be sharing soon!
we ended the day by strolling the mall
and getting some coffee, so not a bad end to sunday either 
This week was pretty fun with my kids.  When doing a pre-activity with them to teach them the frustrations the writers of the Constitution had while drafting, I was called a name that I will use as this week's "so they said".   Instead of jumping right into the Constitution we spent the first part of our day trying to vote on a Pandora station to listen to in class for the day.  We went through the formal process of voting, but what they did not know is that I rigged the game so that they would never reach the nine votes they needed to reach a consensus!    After several proposals and the equal amount of rejections (and the tensions & frustration level highly elevated!)  we reflected on the activity where I was called...

"an evil genius"

Well, thank you.  I take that as a compliment.  
I also had one student, who I may let you know has been "identified" with oh so many "labels" tell me...

"so you just spent more than half of this class period making a point?"

Yes.  That is exactly right.  And I don't feel bad about it, not one bit!

To my teacher friends out there - enjoy our first, very well-deserved, break!

3 comments:

  1. looks like a great weekend! I love Pyrex can't wait to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your Pyrex finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, now I want a donut! I feel a Pyrex hunt coming on in my near future, can't get to see what you picked up!

    -Elisha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...