Sunday, March 18, 2012

sunday's "so they said"

there are so many ways a student or parent can thank you for the hard work a teacher does for them
maybe it comes in the form of grading tedious amounts of papers
or remembering your favorite type of candy bar at the end of the year
for me, this is my first year as a middle school teacher
and my first year experiencing site based teacher of the year nominations
and the best part, each nomination is given to you at the end of the week
and getting to read why your students have nominated you
is a pretty special way to be thanked
so this week's "so they said" is in written form
and I think I'll be stashing these away to read after a hard day in the classroom


1 comment:

  1. I've done these writing activities at the end of the term or the end of the year that allows students to give me advice on things to change or how I can help them the best. I usually get a lot of "you should give less hw" but every once in a while a few kids will write the sweetest things. I've accumulated plenty of these pieces that I read from time to time and they always give the "warm and fuzzies".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...