Wednesday, May 30, 2012

local lovin' [crocker art museum]

this afternoon the husband & I took advantage of me having a minimum day
so it was time to visit the Crocker Art Museum here in Sacramento
and having a groupon didn't hurt either
I hadn't been since the opening of the brand new addition so I was excited to go
things are pretty fancy now
including these cool little stickers you wear as your "ticket"
I must admit, my favorite part is still the original museum
where the collection of the Crocker family is displayed in what was once their home
any 19th century home built for a family with that much wealth is something to see
all on it's own
sure, there were countless pieces of art around us
but the husband and I spent more time noticing the woodwork details 
the doors, the hinges in the doors, the bannisters, the floors, and the ceilings
but all in all, it was a pretty great way to spend the later part of the day
however, I did need a nap when I got home
something I'm thinking little lewis is going to need 
a lot more of this summer
the details:
Museum Hours
Tuesday – Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM
Thursday 10 AM – 9 PM
Closed Mondays (except for Holiday Mondays), Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day
216 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
916.808.7000


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...