Sunday, February 5, 2012

sunday's "so they said"

let's just say this week almost took everything I had
just to get through
the chapter was extremely challenging
and seeing as it is after winter break
the calendar has quickly become my greatest enemy
with STAR testing right around the corner
so, now my days consist of teaching
the best I possibly can
and do it in record time
here are two of my favorite comments from this week
first, when talking about the War of 1812
and how it pretty much was the end of the Federalist party
groans and cheers instantly filled the room
now why do teenagers care that a political party, that mind you,  they hadn't heard of 
before that week
finally had met their demise?
well, because for the "Republicans" of our campaign they viewed it as a final victory
and the poor "Federalists" were feeling very defeated!
and really, my favorite conversation I just happened to hear 
when walking around on Friday before the bell rang

"So, how do you think you did on that test?"
response: "I'm pretty sure I just kicked the crap out of that test.  Oh, sorry Mrs. Lewis.  I didn't see you there."
I responded: "Don't apologize, I'm glad it wasn't the other way around!"

And truth be told
they did kick the crap out of that test
and if the word crap is my biggest problem - well, I'll take that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...